We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service that Armstrong Family Law has provided then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage. If you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can read our full complaints procedure here:

246222 AFL Complaints Procedure (v. August 2023)

Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case, nor will we make a charge for dealing with your complaint.

The Legal Ombudsman may be able to help you if I am unable to resolve your complaint. The Ombudsman will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how I handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with me first. If you have, then your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must be made:

  • within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint and
  • no more than one year from the date of act/omission; or
  • no more than one year from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact it here:


Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00.


Post: Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

Please note that the Legal Ombudsman will only deal with complaints from, in broad terms, (1) individuals, including sole traders, (2) micro enterprises (less than 10 employees and a turnover less than £2 million, (3) small charities and clubs/associations with an annual income net of tax less than £1 million, (4) trustees of a trust with an asset value of less than £1 million, and (4) beneficiaries of an estate.


What to do if you are unhappy with my behaviour

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about my behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic. Visit the SRA website at  to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.


You also have the right to object to your bill by applying to the court for an assessment of the bill under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974.